Coalition Mission & Values
We are often asked what compels us to be a proactive coalition of partners who are striving to raise the level of awareness that children and youth matter, and that adults have a responsibility and charge to create an environment that values and affirms kids.
Did you know?
- 51% of youth feel safe at home, school and in their neighborhood.
- 43% of young people receive support from 3 or more nonparent adults.
- 73% of youth feel they have opportunities to get involved with their community.
- 22% of youth feel valued by adults in their community.
- 41% of children have low neighborhood attachment.
- 30% of 8th grade students feel they have been bullied in the last 30 days.
- 29% of students think drugs are readily available.
Data Resources: Search Institute Profiles of Student Life: Attitudes and Behaviors, 2003. Marysville Healthy Youth Survey 2010.
Marysville Together Coalition (MTC) partners with, and reaches out to, the Marysville community to respond to its needs, promote wellness, and strengthen families.
As we continue to discover through research and personal experience, we embrace these core values:
- Devoted service to our community.
- Commitment to enhancing a safe and healthy community.
- Passion for improving our future through our youth.
- Involvement through time, volunteerism, and sharing resources.
- Honesty and integrity in guiding our decision making and our actions.
As the Marysville Together Coalition, we promise:
- To create a diverse coalition of highly involved and committed members active within the Marysville community.
- To provide a forum for the exchange of ideas, resources, and concerns through a cooperative effort where challenges can be resolved to create a healthy and safe community.
- To create a social norm that does not tolerate substance abuse or violence in our community.
- To be a catalyst promoting the highest quality of living and healthy lifestyles to ensure the success and safety of Marysville for future generations.